Assess and improve the quality of your IGL initiative with TOY for Quality!
TOY-PLUS is happy to launch an intergenerational quality assessment tool (TOY for Quality) with agreed dimensions of quality for educational and care services.
TOY for Quality is an assessment tool which provides information for practitioners working with Intergenerational Learning initiatives to be able to actively assess and continually improve the quality of Intergenerational Learning services and programmes. Through the development and dissemination of TOY for Quality we intend to:
We provide technical support and advice to embed Intergenerational Learning involving young children and older people in their social and educational policies, training and activities.
The six dimensions of quality which form the basis of the TOY Quality Stamp are: 1) Building relationships and well-being; 2) Respect for diversity; 3) Interaction with and within the community; 4) Learning with and from each other; 5) Professional development and teamwork; 6) Monitoring, evaluation and sustainability.
This tool is for use by practitioners and organisations engaged in any stage of planning or implementation of Intergenerational Learning initiatives. This could include service providers in ECEC, social care, and community work, as well as local authorities offering Intergenerational Learning programmes and initiatives. All are welcome to be part of the TOY for Quality Programme.
By participating in the TOY for Quality Programme:
● Your organisation will be a pioneer in assessing the quality of intergenerational learning initiatives and you can demonstrate their potential.
● Staff, volunteers and beneficiaries in your initiative will be supported to reflect on their practice and improve the quality of intergenerational learning activities.
● Your initiative will be mentioned on the TOY website and you will be free to mention TOY in your own communications.
● You will be part of an international community of practice and have access to the TOY resources, including publications and a free upgrade on the TOY Online Course (www.toyproject.net/toy-course) in intergenerational learning.
● You will be recognized in your community as an organisation delivering quality intergenerational initiatives.
The TOY for Quality Programme is organised into two documents:
● The Guidelines provide information about the TOY approach and explains the 5 stages of the TOY for Quality Programme.
● The Assessment Form, which comprises the six quality dimensions, their indicators and reflective questions which are used during the assessment process. The Assessment Form will be made available to organisations once they have registered for the TOY for Quality Programme.
Make contact with the TOY mentor based in your region, and ask to participate in the TOY for Quality Programme!
|Countries||TOY Mentor contact|
Italian speaking countries
Azienda Speciale Retesalute
Piazza Vittorio Veneto 2/3 – Merate (Lc)
Tel: +39 039 2264754
Contact language: Italian
Spanish speaking countries
Ajuntament de Lleida - Regidoria d’ Educació
c/ Bisbe Torres, 2-25002 Lleida
Tel: +34 973 700 618
Contact language: Catalan and Spanish
BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA
Step by Step Centre for Quality in Education (Educational Research Institute)
Tel: +386 14 29 20 20
Contact language: Slovenian and English
English speaking countries
All other countries
International Child Development Initiatives – ICDI
Hooglandse Kerkgracht 17-F, 2312 HS Leiden.
Tel: +31 71 512 7420
Contact language: English